I work as a person centred counsellor drawing also from many years of experience working in the NHS. I also have had training in psychodynamic psychotherapy, Transactional Analysis , Acceptance Commitment Therapy and Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) and can use an integrative approach to meet the diverse needs of clients.
I am an accredited Breathworks Mindfulness teacher and I am qualified to teach Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy.
I am committed to ongoing personal and professional development and continue to engage in ongoing supervision and training.
I am on the register of the UK Network for Mindfulness-Based Teachers which offers good practice guidelines for teaching mindfulness courses, these principles promoting good practice in teaching mindfulness-based courses.
I have a certificate in Clinical Supervision approved by the British Psychological Society.
I have completed MBCT supervision training at the Oxford Mindfulness Centre
I provide the following:
- Individual counselling
- Individual Mindfulness sessions
- Breathworks Mindfulness for Stress course
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy(MBCT) Programme
- Mindfulness for school teachers
- Supervision for counsellors
- Mindfulness supervision
Training, qualifications & experience
Registered Mental Nurse
- BA in Mental Health Studies
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Diploma in Counselling Skills
- Breathworks Mindfulness for Stress
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
- Certificate in Mindfulness and Compassion at Aberdeen University