Counselling I seek to create a non-judgemental space beyond right-doing and wrong-doing where we can look together at your issue, its meaning in your world and possible ways forward . Some clients enjoy working creatively, and with them, I adopt a creative approach, offering the opportunity to work with poetry or song, with self- writing, or with objects from the natural world.
As therapy progresses, clients start to experiment, trying out new strategies and ways of being. They become their own counsellors, integrating their new understanding and finding a renewed appetite for life and work.
Pastoral accompaniment: I offer pastoral accompaniment in the form of planned, regular and boundaried conversations. We meet as colleagues and build a collaborative supervisory relationship where you can:
- bring your unanswered questions and talk frankly about your work.
- address your growing edges, and your own needs.
- gain psychological insight and reflect on your pastoral practice.
- consider safeguarding and the ethical dimension of your work.
- acknowledge your achievements.
- consider your work and your vocation within the context of your faith or spiritual understanding.
- work creatively and confidentially.
Mode of delivery: face-to-face (locally), telephone or Skype.
Qualifications: BACP-accredited and registered. BA (Hons.) in person-centred counselling and psychotherapy (Warwick, 2012/14); Certificate in Pastoral Supervision (Sherwood Institute/APSE); Certificate in Education (Further Education) (Garnett College, Roehampton); BA (Hons.) in English Language and Literature (Birmingham 1981).